February 24, 2009

The Integrity of a Pancake: Beach Edition V.1

These are actual thoughts processed through my head and written down on a fat small notebook while at the beach high, I am transcribing it as is, no changes or editing.

- Coca-Cola is gross. Really. Completely fabricated fake artificially created FRANKENSTEIN!!! And we all swallow that noxious liquid. Today is the last time that I drink a fantasy beverage*. T. just sprayed me with 2% sunscreen**. Today and forever will I ever bring near or drink Coca-Cola. Nevermore.

- T. doesn't know the words of some gay-ass 80's song. I wish I could re-create the beauty of the moment, but alas my words are not lovely or detailed enough.

- Clean coal?? Noooooooooooooooo

* In Chile all carbonated drinks like Coca-Cola, Kist, Sprite, etc. are referred to as bebida de fantasia thus fantasy beverage. We know where beer comes from, we know where wine comes from, but what is Coca-Cola? There is no Coca-Cola tree! I bet it (Coca Cola) has some kind of ingredient that makes people addicted to it because how else could anyone enjoy that disgusting liquid? I will clarify that I have always been a Coca-Cola addict until this realization appeared and the awful truth poked it´s head (Good Idea Gone Wrong: Google evils of Coca-Cola, damn!).
** In my head I probably meant 2 SPF but somehow along the way it got changed to 2%.

I had a good time at the beach. We went to Rio Teta for a couple of hours and climbed trees and rocks, catapulted ourselves into the river via rope, swam, meditated, dove into the river from trees and rocks, and floated blissfully. From there we went to the beach where the ocean was at high tide and the waves were calm and small just how I like them. I was able to relax and disconnect and the best part is that on the way back the traffic wasn't terrible at all which made the empanada from Quesos Chela all the more delicious.
-----------------------------------------
Yesterday I made the realization that my best friend is probably the biggest spaz ever. She's so bold and daring in ways that I could never possibly hope to be. She goes after whatever she wants and doesn´t let anything stop her from being the crazy person she is. I will have to write a little story that just so happens to be true to outline just a fraction of her joie de vivre. I think that simple words would not be able to describe her personality. But I will try! Some other time. Not now. But in the near future.
----------------------------------------
Today I made the realization that people are fucking weird. I mean we all have those little things that we might think is completely normal but if seen from outside our perspective we'd noticed that it was a weird habit. I mean, like I had a friend that could not sleep with both feet under the sheets; she'd have to stick one out to "let it breathe". I have another friend who used to shave her arm hairs. Things like these freak me out because I guess I don't notice them. Maybe I've known the person for such a long time that these little habits don't stick out. But when I see the same things with different eyes I can't help but be a bit bashful or embarassed about them. The point is: I am so oblivious. It's terrible! Do I always go about the world in a giant bubble or what? Am I living in a bad 1980's anime inspired cartoon? Am I Candy Candy? (Good idea gone wrong: Wikipedia Candy Candy and slowly get absorbed by her life as you envision each and every thing about this article. Nobody's life can be so cruel!)

I also made the realization that some relationships with people are taken for granted; you don't exactly realize the ease of flow of it. You don't feel rushed, you don't feel intimidated; you let your guard down and the real you appears slowly, like a warm sun emerging into the morning sky. I love those easy relationships where speaking is optional. Bonding over music, bonding over experiences, knowing innately what the person is all about. I do believe in love because I believe two very odd people can somehow overcome all their weirdness, get used to living or being with each other, and do this day in and day out. All those little things that seem monotonous and confining to me might seem like a dream come true every day for them. Some people truly mean it when they say they are thankful for having so and so in their life.

I just wish and hope that I can one day be in that position where I truly mean it when I say I am thankful to have so and so in my life.

This post quickly turned sappy!

Abbridged Version: I had a great time at the beach. The End.

No comments: